YOGA – how to do pawanmuktasana step by step
- Utthita Padasana:
Utthita Hasta Padasana helps to boost energy in the body and hence can be included in flow yoga sequences. Utthita Hasta Padasana benefits the following muscles and hence can be included in yoga sequences with the corresponding muscle(s) focus: Arms and Shoulders. Utthita Padasana and pawanmuktasana can be performed in sequence, first Utthita Padasana, and then Pawanamuktasana. Watch video for how to do pawanmuktasana step by step.
The joints of feet and knees become strong. Beneficial for arthritis and related disorders. Waistline and abdominal fats can be reduced. Blood circulation improves. It helps relieve sciatica and such disorders.
- This asana strengthens the arms, wrists, back, hips, and leg muscles.
- It improves muscle coordination, balance, and concentration.
- This asana shapes and tones the legs.
- It strengthens the ankle joints.
- It relaxes the lower back.
Note: Best time to perform this yoga is early in the morning or early in the evening
2. Pawana Muktasana (How to do pawanmuktasana step by step)
Pawana-muktasana is a straightforward asana, simple to rehearse, but then has numerous broad advantages. It is an incredible posture for disposing of abundance gases from the stomach related tract, reinforcing the center muscles, rubbing the inward organs, and offering help to the lower back. It is conceivable to play out this asana twisting each leg in turn. Further, one can move like a wooden shaking horse (In the last position) and make the spinal segment graceful.
The name of the asana is a composite of two words – pawana implies the breeze or air and mukta implies freed or discharged. In this way, the regular English interpretation for the posture is “Wind discharging present”.
- Pavana Mukta asana expels the gases trapped in the digestive tract and the large intestines.
- It will help relieve the symptoms of indigestion, flatulence, stomach acidity, constipation, belching, and gases in the colon.
- Massages the whole back, improves the flexibility and blood supply to the entire spine.
- Stimulates kidney function.
- It massages the internal organs – liver, pancreas, intestines, etc. and improves their function.
- Very helpful in strengthening the core muscles, flattening the stomach area.
- Enhances blood circulation in the hip joints.
- Brings about a healthy appetite.
Note: Best time to perform pavana mukta asana is early in the morning or early in the evening
Useful links for other Yoga Asanas.