We all have experienced that first day in a not-so-organised kitchen; haven’t we? Especially after moving out of home to a rented setup or hostel (to work or study). Those set ups are small and basic with little or almost no utensil in it. But one appliance that remains common in all such kitchens is an electric kettle. An electric kettle helps you boil water, make tea, coffee and even instant noodles at times. Some people also boil eggs in an electric kettle. But, have you ever thought of making pulao in the kettle? Surprised? We found a recipe that will help you make a full-fledged pulao in the appliance.
The recipe of pulao in a kettle is shared by celebrity chef Pankaj Bhadouria on her official Instagram handle. It is easy, quick and can be easily replicated by the ones who are new to cooking. In fact, it makes for a perfect meal for the hostellers too. Let’s take a look.
Cooking Tips: How To Make Pulao In An Electric Kettle:
- In a kettle, add a little oil and jeera.
- Switch on the kettle till it switches off automatically.
- Now, add soaked rice to it and twice the water.
- To it, add soya nuggets, peas and ginger-garlic paste.
- Add red chilli powder, pre-mix masala, garam masala and salt to taste.
- Mix everything well and close the lid.
- Switch on the kettle and let it cook for maximum six minutes.
- Switch off, mix and again switch on. Keep up the process until the rice cooks.
- When you see all the water got absorbed, then switch off the kettle and let it be for seven minutes.
- And you have a delicious plate of pulao ready to be relished.
Watch the detailed recipe video below:
Such an easy process; isn’t it? So what are you waiting for? Ditch the instant noodles and pastas and make yourself a delicious plate of pulao, home-style!
About Somdatta SahaExplorer- this is what Somdatta likes to call herself. Be it in terms of food, people or places, all she craves for is to know the unknown. A simple aglio olio pasta or daal-chawal and a good movie can make her day.