Chocolate Salami may conjure up a whole host of images in your mind. But take it from us, once you try making this at home there will be no going back. There is no meat in this salami but, instead, it has chocolate as its base and makes a great accompaniment to your coffee or tea. It’s also a complete dessert by itself and even makes a great addition to an ice cream sundae. This sweet dessert roll has its origins in Italian and Portuguese cuisine and is primarily made of easy ingredients that can be found in your pantry. The name ‘salami’ comes from its physical appearance. Just like meat salami, it is rolled up into a tight cylinder and served sliced into discs. The chocolate salami is a rich chocolatey brown in colour with flecks of biscuits or nuts that resemble the white flecks in meat salami.
Also read: Indulge In Chocolatey Desserts With These 5 Quick Recipes Ready In 30 Mins
Chocolate Salami Recipe: How To Make Chocolate Salami
400 gms biscuits (Marie, Digestive or Tea Biscuits)
1 cup powdered sugar
6 heaped tbsp cocoa powder
200 gms melted butter
100 gms melted chocolate (optional)
2 egg whites
Splash of cold milk
- Crush the biscuits in a blender or by hand to make coarse crumbs. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add the sugar and cocoa powder and mix to combine.
- Add the melted butter and the chocolate (if using).
- Whip the egg whites and add to the mixture. Combine using your hands as you would for a dough.
- Add a splash of cold milk if the mixture seems too dry.
- Cut 2 pieces of parchment paper, each approximately 18″ long. Divide the chocolate mixture amid these 2 sheets and shape roughly into logs.
- Roll up the paper and tighten the mixture into a cylinder. Tie up the ends of the paper like a large toffee.
- Place them in the freezer to set for 2-3 hours.
- Slice and serve.
Try it out at home and let us know how you liked its taste in the comments section below.
Featured Video Of The Day
Honey Chilli Chicken Popper Recipe | How To Make Honey Chilli Chicken Popper