Marjaryasana or the Cat Pose is an asana where Marjari = Cat, Asana = Posture, or Pose. Marjariasana also called the cat stretch, gives the body a stunning cat stretch. One can never envision how fulfilling and advantageous a cat stretch can be. It eliminates laziness and increases enthusiasm.
HOW TO DO MARJARYASANA OR THE CAT POSTURE ?
· Start on your hands by placing on the floor and knees under the hips and wrists under the shoulders.
· Spread your fingers and press through the base of the fingers and the fingertips, this will help you to safeguard your wrist from the pressure on it.
· As you exhale, pull your belly in, lift your side waists, round your spine and release your head towards the floor
· Firmly press the floor away and feel the stretch in the spine, back body
· Inhale and come back into your original position.
CAT POSE BENEFITS OR MARJARYASANA BENEFITS:
· Helps to improve body posture
· Eliminates laziness and increases enthusiasm
· Improves body flexibility
· Better blood circulation
· Beneficial for women during menstrual, gives relief from cramps
Also read other articles related to yoga: