After suffering from scorching heatwaves, the monsoon season comes as a boon! Beautiful weather, gentle breeze, refreshing raindrops, crispy snacks, endless cups of tea and whatnot, everything seems and feels great in this season. Apart from these things, the monsoon also comes with infections and diseases. For instance, dengue, viral fever, cold, flu and more. Hence, it is important to build our immune system to keep these infections and diseases at bay. There are recipes galore that can help in building our immunity and help us stay healthy. For example, soups, stews, kadhas, herbal teas and more. Here we bring you one such recipe. It is called chicken turmeric soup.
Also Read: Healthy Monsoon Diet: 3 Immunity-Boosting Soup Recipes To Keep Handy
As the name suggests, this classic soup is dominantly made with two ingredients; one is turmeric, and the other is chicken. Both of these ingredients are highly known for their nutritional values. So, without wasting much time, let’s learn how to make it at home with some simple steps and ingredients.
Chicken Turmeric Soup: How To Make Chicken Turmeric Soup
- To begin with the recipe, take a saucepan, add oil and Sautee all the veggies. You can use any veggie according to your preference.
- Once all the veggies are sauteed, add the spices like black pepper, garam masala and salt to taste.
- Now, add the boiled chicken water in the veggie mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes. Then add coconut milk, cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces along with 1 and a half tsp turmeric and simmer again until the chicken is well flavoured.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and you are good to go!
For more immunity-boosting soup recipes, click here. These recipes are the combination of both health and taste. Trust us, once you try them, you will make them time and again.
Try this out and let us know how they turned out in the comment section below.