The shoulder pose or Kandharasana is a very good YOGA posture for females for strengthening the reproductive organs and for correcting many vertebral disc problems. This posture relieves menstrual problems and disorders related to the uterus. Hand and shoulder muscles become strong, also muscles of the lumbar region and thighs are strengthened. Unnecessary fat is reduced. As the chest and rib cage are fully expanded lungs get filled with fresh air. As a result of this their capacity increases and air, sacs are cleared. Thereby more oxygen is absorbed. It helps to have a more flexible spinal column. Kandharasana Benefits:
How to perform ?
- Lie down on the floor facing the ceiling.
- Bend the leg at the knees and pull towards the buttocks.
- Hold the ankles with the hand and pull it till it touches the buttocks.
- Deep inhale and raise the buttock upward, feet and shoulder should touch the floor.
- Remain in this pose as long as you are comfortable.
- Exhale and slowly bring down the buttock to the ground.
- Repeat 5 -8 times as your body strength allows.
Benefits of Kandharasana / The Shoulder Posture:
- Strengthens the shoulder.
- Unnecessary fats reduced.
- Helps to absorb more oxygen.
- Benefits to the flexible spinal column.
- Improves the health of the uterus.